Saturday, April 05, 2008

Another Year Older...Another Year Wiser?

Well, ya'll have heard of the saying before, but there are many times when I KNOW for a fact that it doesn't apply to me. Sometimes us slow folk are bound to make the same old mistakes time and time again. It's a curse, really....or stupidity.

I am referring to, of all things, dating. Two years ago, I thought the idea to be preposterous. Seriously...I was in no position to put my heart out there again...just to get it broken all again? No thanks! But a year ago, I caved in. It was full of so many I-don't-knows and was scary as hell, but took the risk and took the plunge. In the year or so that I've been "out there," I've definitely accumulated quite a few stories...ha, that's putting it mildly! But the latest episode has left me feeling like "...a fool again..." Without going into detail, he was the reason why my birthday didn't end on a nice note...and the fact that I let him get to me like that to make my birthday end on a bad note made me even MORE upset! I saw that cycle happening all over again and the reality of it made me stop dead in my tracks. Why do I always have to make sure HE is taken care of? Stupidity. Seriously.

And so...as dramatic as it sounds, I'm swearing this dating crap off for a while. Yes, yes, it shouldn't be a big deal. After all, you only tend to find someone when you're NOT looking. Hey, 'tis only natural to get the lonelies, right? And this birthday of mine, being the FIRST one where I am OFFICIALLY divorced, got me feeling all yucky-poo. I just miss having someone around...and if he won't be coming from across the pond or otherwise, I'll just have to let God do His work in His time. Sucks that I'm an impatient Aries...

Knee update: it's not as bad as I feared. It hasn't popped out again, in case you were wondering, but I do have to wrap it up and keep it all snug. It's a funky feeling that I can't quite put my finger on how to describe. I actually used a leg brace to work the other day and was quite the picture of "kawawa." It was difficult to move around and to be quite frank, it was tiring. I end up putting all of my weight on my good side, but then that compensation is felt in my lower back. Geez, I'm just all in pain, what the hell?! It really isn't as bad as it looks, but at the same time, I don't want to be hobbling all over the place. Some crazy is bound to notice and try and take me out...hell no...'tis bad enough all of this crap started on my birthday...

Thanks T-Mobile

Not that any of you have noticed because it's been so damn long, I haven't been able to blog on a regular basis for the past few months. I thought that I could really handle not having internet connection on a daily basis...WRONG! Totally fed up, I gave in to subscribing to tmobile service. This now means that I will be frequenting many a Starbucks quite often if I want to connect to the real world now. Ha. 'Tis bad enough that they're taking my money for coffee...now they're taking my money for internet- shit! lol! Sucks though that there isn't a closer Starbucks in my neck of the woods, but hooray for the 24-hours ones!

Well, this has been good practice for me. I just re-read what I wrote and really, ain't nothing too important to share, but wow, I've missed writing. The good thing is because I don't have internet, I've been given all this time to run/train for the marathon and my favorite, read.

Hope all is well with everyone...thank goodness for blogs because I swear, it's the only way that I get to catch up on everyone's lives.

Curious: to facebook or not to facebook...that is the question...

3 comments:

Rho said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rho said...

get on facebook, twin!!

The Weekender said...

Hey girly! Glad to hear the knee is better. Don't forget to ice and definitely strengthen up those quads. Sounds like you got some muscles that are weak and tight. Let me know if you need some help on what those exercises are.

And girl...i just finally got on facebook myself! hahahha