Sunday, November 12, 2006

Yes, We Are Back to Them Again....



Okay, I've accepted that many of the people within my circle of friends do NOT enjoy these men as much as I do...still quite unfathomable in my eyes, but I've done my diva duty the best that I could. I have converted a handful of Divo-virgins at work...and while they have admitted to never ever hearing of Il Divo before (*shock!*), they are glad to know them now.

Il Divo, who is currently on tour with legendary Barbra Streisand, will be back in the Bay Area tomorrow night. They are on the last leg of their tour with only two more concerts to go in Las Vegas and Los Angeles. There will be thousands of Streisand fans flocking to the HP Pavillion in San Jose to hear Babs do her thang, but I'm not interested in that. I'm interested in the Il Divo Divas who will be coming out there showing their support and appreciation for these guys.

Newspaper and online articles mistakenly refer to them as the "operatic boy band." There is nothing BOY about them! They are M-E-N, for God's sake! Sexy, divine, gorgeous, cute...talented, intelligent, charming, suave, did I say SEXY, sweet, and deliciously appreciative of their fans. It may seem that women of all ages are going ga-ga over them and to them I say, "Well, how can you NOT?!"

Their newest album, "Siempre," hits stores on November 21st. If the other cds didn't float your boat, if you weren't feelin' the vibe (how could you not?!), and if opera crossover is not your thang, just do me a favor. Give it a try! I kid you not, I wouldn't be out here recommending something to ya'll if it sounded like crap.

Maybe I'm a bit crazed over these guys...maybe I should change out the cds in my car and listen to something else...but why should I? Every single time I hear their voices, it speaks to me and touches me deeply. I might've mentioned this before, but when I was younger, I couldn't quite understand what the big deal was over opera. I couldn't understand it because it was in a different language and in my opinion, the truly operatic voices did nothing for me.

Perhaps it's because I'm a bit older now. I have a deeper appreciation for different genres of music. Understanding WHAT is being sung comes second to HOW the actual music and melody makes me feel. And Il Divo does something to me...in me.

They make me believe in love again. Their voices make me melt and I can't help but sigh each time I hear them. Listening to their music transports me to a different place and time where romance is truly alive. Sometimes it's intense, sometimes it's just calm. But the purity of their voices tell me that these guys weren't just randomly put together...they were put together for a reason. And thank God they were!

If you don't want to buy the album, at least click on the link below. It'll take you to this Canadian site that is hosting a contest to win two tickets to fly to Italy and watch Il Divo perform. Too bad it's open to Canadian residents only! You'll be able to hear little snippets of a few of their new tracks off "Siempre."

C'mon...love them as much as I do! More updates later...

Il Divo's "Siempre" snippets

No comments: