Thursday, February 07, 2008

Gong Hay Fat Choy!

Happy Chinese New Year, all! Yes, yes, I'm not Chinese (although I have been mistaken to be many times...), but I'd thought I'd wish you all happy beginnings for the start of the Year of the Rat.

Unlike most people, I had the day off today. Why? I work at a Chinese school...simple as that. Get this...I have to go back tomorrow! This seriously doesn't make sense. Would it have killed them to give us a three-day weekend? Unfortunately, I didn't have the pleasure of truly enjoying my day off because I had a date with a dentist. No, no, nothing like that. Lol! First of all, my dentist is a woman. 'Tis more like I had to get a root canal. Something that's been put off for way too long and seeing that I had this huge hole in my tooth...well, yah, had to get it done. Thankfully it wasn't as painful as I anticipated...

The Week That Was...

I'm sounding like a broken record...but I really can't wait until summer vacation. I'm having a really tough time with my class this year and yesterday took the cake. My problem kid threw a tantrum...and this time, he got physical with me. There was a point where I actually thought I was going to have to tackle him down if he started throwing punches. This kid has some serious anger issues, among other things. But if you can imagine a raging bull about to charge a matador, that's him. His stance becomes rigid, his hands tightly clenched cocked back and ready to pound, and his eyes have this uncontrollable, almost evil glare set on me. He even sounds like a raging bull complete with the heavy breathing and panting. I braced myself for a hit that never came; instead, he resorted to pushing and nudging. At least he didn't dig his heels into my foot like he did to the afternoon teacher. This is definitely something that I am not equipped to handle, but when he gets physical with the other kids in this fashion, I step in with whatever I got. In any case, I am going to meet with my principal and figure out what can be done for this kid...he needs special attention, but unfortunately,I don't think I can give him what he needs.

Got to watch a free screening of "Fools' Gold" with a co-worker friend of mine. For FREE, it was okay...entertaining...but not a flick I'd pay for. We were reminded of our college days when we'd get to catch all of these movies shown at McKenna Theater of Jack Adams Hall, how we'd make the mad rush to grab some seats, and just enjoy whether or not the movie was any good. Who cares...it's FREE! 'Twas cool to hang out with Kam and dinner at Pomodoro's was yum as well. Other than that, life has been okay. The weather in the Bay has been C-O-L-D. Saw a break in the weather the other day and went for a run...only to be caught in a passing shower. Got totally soaked and by the time I reached home, the rain suddenly stopped its downpour and the sun made an appearance yet again. Impeccable timing.

Been hanging out with various friends here and there...and life has been good. All I can say is good times....good times.

More updates later...gotta go correct papers for tomorrow...

No comments: