Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Dvd Crazy

Everyone knows that Tuesday is THE day when new music cds and movies are released. That is THE day when people flock to the nearest Target and Best Buy to scoop up the latest must-haves. Tuesday is THE day that I'm assuming is one of the highest traffic and profit making days for such stores...AND I know all of this because I am but another customer who does indeed add to the craziness of being those people in line to get the latest whatever! Okay, so I have not been able to contribute my finances to the craziness lately, but yesterday I was witness to my sister's. Lol!

"You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both, and there you have the Facts of Life. The Facts of Life." Just for the record, this wasn't bought yesterday, BUT it was bought on a Tuesday...THE day. Now, many won't even remember when this sitcom was on, but I will always remember the beginning words of the song of the show. I can't recall every single episode, especially when it first started, but man oh man, does it bring back some memories or what?! Those of us who really get into a series or show can't help but think how real the situations are that the characters get involved in. Or maybe that's just me? Ha. Take my beloved "Dawson's Creek" for example. Yes, yes, there are no high school aged teens who talk as intelligently as they do on this planet, but the situations themselves are something that we can all relate to, yah? The "Facts of Life" are the same thing. Already into the second episode, I find myself tearing up...and I can't even remember what it is about at the moment! Just the title alone says it all...life is challenging as it is. There are people who come in and out of your life- some come and go while others remain for a lifetime. Some are there for you no matter what happens and others will let you down. You go through some things, hard things, for a reason which you may not understand, but there's always a lesson to be learned...and our job is not make the same mistakes again. I mean, sure, I may be looking so far into it than the basic entertainment purposes, but still, as corny as it is and how "simple" life and other such things were at the time, I always liked the happy-conclusions-this-is-what-I-learned-from-the-experience moments. Well, if you've never heard of a bunch of galpals named Blair, Jo, Natalie, Tootie, and Mrs. Garrett, check the dvd seasons out...and you'll be in for a lot of laughs.

Back in 1990, a show called "Wings" aired. To be quite honest, my sister and I didn't follow it much until it aired as reruns during the late night. What's so hilarious about this comedy series is that it's about two brothers who are pilots. The older one, Joe, is the more responsible one; the younger one, Brian, is the opposite. My Ate and I used to joke that those characters were US! So when the whole dvd phenomena started growing with the older series coming out, we were just playing the waiting game for when "Wings" would come out. And out it came yesterday! Whoo hoo! Sure it's funny to see the big 90's hair, hear the lingo, see the style of clothes, etc, but hey, it's a FUNNY show!


High School Musical, Disney's latest dance craze musical that is the hottest thing right now among tweeners and teens alike across the country. Okay, now let me just say that when my niece and nephew started imitating ALL the dance moves and singing ALL the songs, I really didn't know what to think of it. It sounded cute, for sure, but I wanted to see for myself what the big deal was. Sometime last month, it showed on Disney Channel. When we first saw the announcement, my niece was so hyped that she wrote it down on the calendar so we wouldn't forget! Turns out that Disney was showing a back to back feature...which we watched...that means fours hours....FOUR HOURS! Lol! Okay, now anyone who knows me is aware that I'm a sucker for musicals. Some can't stand them, but I love 'em. Grease 1 and 2? Loved it! Rent? Loved it! Les Miserables and Phantom of the Opera? Loved it! Catch my drift? Well..."High School Musical" is somewhat like a really tame watered down version of Grease, except there is no mention of sex, drugs, or alcohol or anything like that. It's Disney, people! There's a lot of cool catchy tunes, fun dance moves, and of course, a good positive message to send to kids. Safe to say, I LOVED IT! Who says Disney is just for kids? Plus, kid and teen actors never cease to amaze me- I'm totally impressed!

ANYWAYS...it came out yesterday and of course, seeing how my niece and nephew are such huge fans, my sister just HAD to get it. If you haven't seen it yet, check it out. If anything, I'm sure it'll bring a smile to your face...even if you're not a big fan of musicals.

*Can't wait for the following to come out on DVD and be added to my own personal collection:

- Ally McBeal
- Ed

*Ones that I have yet to purchase

- Gilmore Girls Seasons 3, 4, 5
- Smallville
- Will and Grace
- Charmed Seasons 2, 3
- Friends Seasons 3-10
- Dawson's Creek....oh wait! I already have those already! Yay!

**In case anyone is wanting to give MnM any surprises for no good reason, please feel free to choose from any of the above. LOL! (oh wow...I felt like my lil' cousin D for a split second...no shame, I tell you, no shame!)

Randomness

* Did anyone else watch the season finale of "House" last night? Did anyone get it? Did anyone understand it? Did anyone else get grossed out by the eyeballs popping out? I was so confused...so if anyone can shed some light, please do!

* I'm not quite sure what carpal tunnel syndrome feels like, but if the pain I feel in my hands and wrists are IT, then crapola.

* Still looking for employment. Anyone hiring???

No comments: