Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My Pleasant Surprise

Seems like blogging has become an "every now and then" occurence for me. I really can't blame NOT having internet anymore thanks to my trusty Starbucks wi-fi connections nor can I say that I've done nothing exciting...'cause I have. Let me explain...

Ever feel "pleasantly surprised?"

Those words are not meant to make the experience less amazing than it was, but more to say that wow, I never thought it would turn out the way it did and I am surprised at how surprised I am to feel the way I do about the whole thing. Does that make any sense at all?

So I had this date...

My friend at work always cracks up when I start my conversations this way. Yes, I've been on many first dates, but not too many that have progressed any further. In some cases, I've been treated out to Starbucks, the occasional meal, and decent convo; other times, I've had to pay the whole damn thing and be stuck with a dud! Live and learn is what I say! (and yah, now I've got a few 'stories' up my sleeves...lol!)

When I think about the first date, I still can't get over the awesome time I had. I agreed to meet the Music Maestro in the middle of the work week and to be quite honest, I was very skeptical. From the moment we met, things just "sparked." I guess in my mind, my expectations weren't high and I went just for the hell of it. But the evening turned out to be perfect...and yes, that included a clear night with stars shining brightly over us. Unlike past dates, I knew that I wanted to see him again...not only is he great company, but he really is probably one of the few good men left out there...

There's so much to say about him...all good things, I assure you...but I'm a tad apprehensive of sharing just yet. Things are going so well that I don't want to "jinx" this good thing that we have. All I know is that I have this giddy feeling when I'm with him...and my family and friends know for a fact that I've had this stupid grin plastered on my face for a while! Not quite sure what it all means, but definitely happy to have met him and definitely excited to see where it all goes.

Music Maestro wrote this on his myspace and I've been given the ok to share it here with ya'll...he really is the sweetest thing!

"We had a magical first date, a fantastic second, an amazing third, a thrilling fourth, and an outrageous fifth...will there be a sixth date? I'm willing to place a bet on another romantic and exciting date in our near future."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How sweet!!!!! You must have butterflies in your stomach ....how I envy!!