Saturday, August 05, 2006

Playin' Catch-Up With MnM: Part Two

It's weird that I used to put so much time and effort into a post. I looked forward to blogging, to sharing my every day happenings no matter how drab, mediocre or ho-hum, and to keeping abreast of what my online buddies and fellow bloggers were up to.

It's been over a month since I have logged in, posted, and blog hopped. I feel so out of the loop these days.

Rather than going into my usual long and detailed accounts of past events, let me give you a photo-CliffNotes version of MnM's life these days...

MnM on the flight deck of the USS Hornet. BruthaMan's bro retired as an Officer in the U.S. Navy back in June and I was able to attend the ceremony. Because of the ceremony, we were able to snag a free tour of the ship...Standing on the flight deck was totally awesome!

The USS Hornet has a lot of history behind it. If you're familiar with WWII, the USS Hornet was used as the launching for the Doolittle Raid after the attack of Pearl Harbor. Some twenty years later, man first walked on the moon. As Neil Armstrong and crew returned to Earth, their capsule was retrieved by the USS Hornet. That's me below walking the walk as taken by Mr. Neil Armstrong himself. It's dorky, I know, but c'mon, you would've done the same thing, too!

Not pictured here is the Quarantine Facility that Armstrong and his crew stayed in. Also, there was another space capsule from another mission on display. It was roped off with signs surrounding it to please do not touch. I'm sorry. I did it. I touched it. I had to! It's the closest I'll ever get to space!

No comments: