Monday, March 13, 2006

Disney Playhouse

After breakfast today, I was watching the Disney Channel with my nephew, Nico. Now, I have to say that although MnM is well into her 30s (although I sure don't look it- hah!), I still enjoy watching the Disney channel. I could easily watch the kiddie shows in the morning and you gotta love 'em because as silly as they could be, there's always a lesson to be learned. At this very moment, "Rollie Pollie Olie" is on...y'know, those circular bodied robots. Totally cute. I can also sit through an entire episode of "Raven," "Zack and Cody," and most recently, "High School Musical." It's all so corny really, but I wish that we had access to these kind of shows when I was growing up! Hmmm...I just realized that I have this weird fascination with kid shows and teeny bopper shows...does that sound like the whole Toys R Us mentality of I-don't-want-to-grow-up? Eh, I think I'd rather liken it to a well-rounded taste in television choice. Lol!

Anyways...came upon this "mini-show" called "Johnny and the Sprites." I didn't get to watch it because I was busy making coffee, but the message that I heard was so positive that I had to google it. Take a quick peek here and click on the "Yes You Can" clip. In a nutshell, it's about a sprite who was depressed that she wasn't good enough because she couldn't do something so well. But Johnny sings his way through this lil' song about trying to focus on the things that she COULD do instead. Good message, I thought.

After watching that clip, it just dawned on me how many talented singers are out there on these kid shows. I could easily see this Johnny Tartaglia in some Broadway musical. In any case, 'twas just something cute that I thought I'd share.

No comments: